An entry fee of $25 is required to participate and you must also have paid your 2022 SGC Membership Dues. The entry fee will be used to pay for tow pilot support as needed (hotel rooms, meals, etc).
The theme of the Dust Up this year is Cross-Country Soaring. The only contest will be OLC bragging rights!
Pilots of all levels of experience are welcome to participate in the Dust Up! Activities include:
- Mentored cross-country flights in two-seat sailplanes
- Lead and follow flights, to help people break the apron strings
- Daily briefings with weather & suggested cross country tasks will help aspiring cross country pilots to push themselves further
- Official observers to help with preparation, paperwork and filing of badges and records
- SGC Soaring Foundation Donation dinner Sunday evening
- Evening Seminars, if there is a topic of interest from the attendees
Before the Dust Up, we will also hold a preparatory webinar as part of the May SGC General meeting.
Regardless of your experience-level, the Dust Up can accommodate YOU! We hope to see you there!
NOTE: All Pilots flying at the Dust Up must pay for 2022 SGC Membership Dues, plus at least 1 week of Facility Use fees. If a glider is brought to Ephrata, the owner/pilot must pay for at least 1 week of Glider/Trailer parking. If you are not yet an SGC member, you can join by scrolling to the bottom of this page and following the prompts. Existing members can pay use fees by logging in and then clicking on "Use Fees" in the main menu across the top. These support our clubhuse, bathrooms, and land-lease with the Port of Ephrata.
THE EPHRATA DUST UP IS SPONSORED BY THE SGC SOARING FOUNDATION,
A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION PROMOTING SOARING AND EDUCATION